Thursday 22 November 2012

Mini Haul! - Review included.

Posted by Danae at 02:35
So yesterday I was having a -must buy- something kind of day, if you know what I mean. Being low on cash I only picked up some essence, but seeing as its one of my favorite brands I really didn't mind. I think I might start having to "Shopping my Stash" as I've seen some other Aussie beauty bloggers do recently too!

So as you can see its only 2 items, but I figured seeing as I haven't blogged in quite a few days, longer break in between than I usually have, I should post anyways. I've been quite busy but, also being new to the blogging community am finding it hard to figure out WHAT to post.

Some of the bloggers I'm following can seem to make a post out of almost anything so I think I'll have to try and learn their ways so I can upload every 2-3 days!

Anyways onto the haul!





So the first thing I got is the essence nude glam nail polish in cafe ole. They recently changed the packaging and the formula so I decided I would pick one up, I never had an essence nail polish so I figured if they had improved I may aswell try it out now.. Right? Right. I believe it was $2.75 which if I am correct is about 20c more expensive than before, which isn't a big deal in my opinion.





The next and last thing I got is the essence eye shadow brush. After trying out the essence smokey eyes brush and liking it quite a lot for the price paid ($2.55) I figured I would try this one out too. It's been disappearing from all the shelves in my target and priceline so I thought I'd better jump at the offer. (any reason to buy right? ;)). This one was also $2.55 so it's not like I was forking out much.





Anyways I have a mini review of the nail polish too.
I think it's a gorgeous color and I like the name too. Café olé. It painted on well but it was runny and was too streaky with one coat so I needed to use 2 or 3.

I didn't use topcoat because I wanted to see how it chipped on its own. I think it looks gorgeous on, nude, but just noticeably different to the skin color. I would have a photo of this on but I painted it last night when the lighting was awful and it's all chipped now.

I currently have 3 nails left unchipped on one hand, 4 on the other. It chipped really easily, one of the nails chipped an hour after I painted it on. Therefore on its own this would probably be a pass for me despite its gorgeous color, but I will definitely try it out again with a topcoat!

Au revoir! 

17 comments:

Sheri on 22 November 2012 at 03:00 said...

Essence polishes are really pretty but some are really sheer and I agree that they chip easily too.

Theadorabletwo on 22 November 2012 at 14:56 said...

Thanks of sharing the brush looks good.

Love Storm

Unknown on 23 November 2012 at 20:20 said...

I can relate to not knowing what to blog about. It took me a while to get into it, eventually I did but still kinda new at it. Don't give up!!

Lee

www.ItsMissLV.com

Eva-Lynn on 24 November 2012 at 07:45 said...

I love café olé! I have it myself!
The only difference is that i got mine on sale and it's still the old packaging! I like the new packaging a lot! As for the writers block (or bloggers block) you talked about, I know what you mean, I have those days where i have a 100 ideas but sometimes I just lose all hope and faith in my blog because people seem to stop reading it (like right now). It's a shame but don't give up, better day will come!
x

fashionistainthedark.blogspot.com

lizchewy on 24 November 2012 at 09:43 said...

The colour of the nail polish you got is really nice!!

Liz
chewylove.blogspot.com

Modas_diva on 24 November 2012 at 15:33 said...

Hey I just followed you :)

NIce post to!

xoxo

http://modas-diva.blogspot.be/

http://modas-diva.tumblr.com/

La Petite Frenchie on 25 November 2012 at 04:34 said...

Oh sorry! I didn't see it!!
I love your nailpolish!! :)

fille on 25 November 2012 at 23:41 said...

this nude nail polish looks good :D
btw: beautiful layout!!

Maybe we could follow each other? :D
-> I already follow you! (name: "fille")

My fashion blog :)

.

Cléo de Lucca on 26 November 2012 at 17:01 said...

Nice blog, following...
Kisses from Brazil!

Cléo de Lucca
minhaamigamedisse.blogspot.com.br
Instagram: @minhaamigamedisse_fashionblog

Take me to Tarah on 26 November 2012 at 23:10 said...

Love nude polish!!
I am now following you.
Thanks for visting my blog.
Your visits make my days sweeter.
Take me To Tarah

María Pilar Bernal Maya on 27 November 2012 at 09:10 said...

I love the nude colour for nails. And of course we can follow each other. I follow now + wait your follow back
kss
;-)

Caro * on 28 November 2012 at 09:52 said...

Beautiful nude polish :)

reesouza on 28 November 2012 at 16:56 said...

OMG I love your blog, so cute *-*
I'm Follow you and i hope you follow me back
kisses
http://reesouzablog.blogspot.com.br

losaway on 29 November 2012 at 08:38 said...

love the nailpolish :)
xx

Unknown on 4 February 2014 at 06:07 said...

http://davidoffnails.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

Follow

Unknown on 4 February 2014 at 06:08 said...

http://davidoffnails.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

Follow my blog please! And of course check it out!

Unknown on 16 April 2014 at 10:51 said...

I'm following you guys!!! Well, i'm a newbie with my fashion blog hehehe. Please visits me and perhaps a follow hehehe ^^

Felicia

mytypicaldiary.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Pastel Pink Lace Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos